UGA Football: Dawgs in the Pros
Compiled by Bailey Caldwell
A look at how the Bulldogs fared in Week 1 of the NFL season.
Kansas City 42, New England 27
- Receiver Chris Conley had two catches for 43 yards, including a 25-yarder.
- Linebacker Justin Houston, a team captain, had five tackles and two sacks for Kansas City.
- Linebacker Ramik Wilson started for the Chiefs, but did not record any tackles.
- Tight end Orson Charles remains on the Chiefs’ practice squad.
- Center David Andrews, a team captain, helped the Patriots amass 391 total yards and saved a possession as he had a fumble recovery.
- Receiver Malcolm Mitchell has been placed on injured reserve by New England due to a knee injury.
Buffalo 21, New York Jets 12
- Offensive tackle Cordy Glenn helped the Bills rack up 408 total yards.
- Linebacker Jordan Jenkins recorded three tackles for the Jets.
Atlanta 23, Chicago 17
- Linebacker Leonard Floyd had four tackles for Chicago, including one for a loss.
- Defensive tackle John Jenkins was inactive for the Bears.
- Safety Quincy Mauger has been placed on injured reserve by Atlanta with an undisclosed injury.
Baltimore 20, Cincinnati 0
- Tight end Benjamin Watson did not record any stats for the Ravens.
- Cornerback Brandon Boykin has been placed on injured reserve by Baltimore with an undisclosed injury.
- Receiver A.J. Green had five receptions for a team-leading 74 yards, including a 27-yarder, for the Bengals.
- Defensive tackle Geno Atkins had seven total tackles, including one sack, for the Bengals.
- Offensive guard Clint Boling helped the Bengals roll up 221 total yards.
- Safety Shawn Williams was held out by Cincinnati due to an elbow injury.
Detroit 35, Arizona 23
- Quarterback Matthew Stafford went 29-of-41 for 292 yards and four touchdowns for the Lions.
- Defensive end Cornelius Washington finished with one tackle and two quarterback hits for Detroit.
Jacksonville 29, Houston 7
- Defensive tackle Abry Jones recorded two tackles, was credited with half a sack, had two quarterback hits, and a recovered a fumble for the Jaguars.
- Safety Corey Moore recorded four tackles for the Texans.
Los Angeles Rams 46, Indianapolis 9
- Running back Todd Gurley, an offensive team captain, had a total of 96 yards for the Rams. He had 40 rushing yards, including a touchdown, and 56 receiving yards.
- Linebacker Alec Ogletree, a defensive team captain, had four tackles for Los Angeles.
Green Bay 17, Seattle 9
- Kicker Blair Walsh converted field goals of 33, 21 and 41 to account for all of the Seahawks’ points.
- Defensive tackle Garrison Smith is on Seattle’s practice squad.
Carolina 23, San Francisco 3
- Linebacker Thomas Davis, a team captain, recorded seven tackles, including one sack for the Panthers.
- Defensive end Charles Johnson did not record any tackles for the Panthers.
- Offensive tackle John Theus was inactive for the 49ers.
Dallas 19, New York Giants 3
- Receiver Tavarres King was inactive for the Giants.
Denver 24, Los Angeles Chargers 21
- Receiver Isaiah McKenzie had three punt returns for 48 yards, including a 31-yarder on his first NFL return, for the Broncos.
Pittsburgh 21, Cleveland 18
- Receiver Reggie Davis was inactive for the Browns.
Oakland 26, Tennessee 16
- Center Ben Jones helped the Titans roll up 351 total yards.
Philadelphia 30, Washington 17
- Offensive guard Tyler Catalina was inactive for Washington.
- Tailback Keith Marshall is on injured reserve for the Redskins.